Call for Artwork Submissions for Round Rock Arts “Imagine” Exhibit 2017
Category : Blog
Round Rock Arts (RRA) whose purpose is to encourage, support and enhance current and new arts & cultural activities, is now accepting artwork submissions from all artists 18 years of age and older who reside or work within the greater Round Rock/Austin area for its Imagine Exhibit. Entrants under the age of 18 may do so with parental consent.
Entries must be original work in any visual media including: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, sculpture, ceramics, fibers, computer based art, or mixed media. Definition of original work: All work must be from the artist’s own imagination or personal photo reference (not a photo reference from the internet or taken by someone else), no work shall be submitted which has been done in a workshop environment or under any other supervision. All art submitted must be new (completed within the past two years) and not previously exhibited at Imagine.
Artwork may be two or three-dimensional. All artworks are welcome except crafts, large scale installations and video projected art due to limited exhibit space and nature of exhibit. RRA carries no insurance for loss or damage to artwork in the exhibit or in transit, nor assumes liability for the same. However, every precaution will be taken for the safety of the work. Artist should provide their own coverage if desired.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND INFORMATION
Artist may submit up to 3 original works in jpeg format at a maximum of 1.5 MB per image. File names should match title of artwork. Before uploading images to your Artist Information Form (below), name each jpeg image file with your last name, first name and title of painting i.e., Smith_Jane_Sunflowers in Spring. File names should not contain backward or forward slash marks or special characters such as ampersands, apostrophes, quote marks, exclamation points, etc. They should be purely numbers, letters, underscores and hyphens. Artist must complete all information requested below including size and media used in the form following these instructions. A fee of $20 is required per entry at time of artwork submission. Payments may be made through PayPal. Submission does not guarantee acceptance and all submission fees are non-refundable.
Art content must be family friendly, as it will be displayed in a community facility. Artist will be responsible for art delivery and pickup at dates specified upon notification of art selection(s) and listed in this document.
A People’s Choice Award will be given to one selected artwork from each category of art (2D, photography, and 3D/Sculpture) during the opening reception Saturday, March 4, 2017.
Artist must agree to display during the entire exhibit. No work may be taken down early due to sale(s). If a work is sold during the exhibit time period, the art shall remain in the exhibit until official take down, Saturday, May 6, 2017. Any artist who removes work before the official take down date will automatically be disqualified from entering future Imagine exhibits. Customers may pick up sold pieces at the time of take down. Art work that is not picked up on the scheduled take down date without prior arrangements will be donated to charity.
- 3D works and sculptures which are accepted must be set in place by the artist, including pedestals for display.
- 2D works must be framed, with some exceptions:
- Work supported by a dowel and having either grommets or wire for hanging. (NO SAW TOOTH hangers will be accepted)
- Unframed stretched canvas (wrapped canvas) will be accepted if the sides are painted, no staples are visible and canvas is a minimum of 1” deep. No ¾” unframed canvas will be accepted without being properly framed. Fully wrapped canvas – must also be wired for hanging – NO SAW TOOTH hangers will be accepted.
- No two-dimensional work shall exceed 4’ vertical and 3’ horizontal overall (multi-part must include spacing) including frame, nor shall weigh more than 20 lbs. each unit. All hanging works must be wired with heavy picture wire attached securely for hanging in order to be considered for exhibit. All works on paper or fragile surfaces must be framed and/or under protective Plexiglas or glass. Improperly framed art or art that is not securely wired to support the weight of the painting will be rejected at time of delivery.
- Three-dimensional work may be a minimum of 10 in. and a maximum of 4 ft. in any one direction and shall not exceed 25 lbs. in each unit. Multiple part works must have each part labeled along with the diagram for hanging or assembly on each part.
- Wet and/or uncured paintings, electrical works, works needing special hooks or any work considered unsafe will not be accepted. Work deemed too fragile or delicate or failing to meet other requirements, will not be accepted.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS TUESDAY, JANUARY 31, 2017. LATE ENTRIES NOT CONSIDERED.
Every artist who submits entries will be notified by email from Vicki Brevell (email@example.com) on Tuesday, February 7, 2017 as to acceptance or non-acceptance. Please check your spam folder if you have not received your email by this date. Anyone not receiving notice should immediately contact Vicki Brevell. After notification date it is the artist’s responsibility to check their emails and if they do not see notification then contact Vicki Brevell at the above email address. Everyone who enters will be notified!
- Date for delivery of art is Saturday, February 18, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 1 pm. Late arrivals of artwork will not be considered.
- Opening Reception is Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 7 pm-9:30 pm.
- Exhibit dates are March 4 to May 6, 2017
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
Deliver items on Saturday, February 18, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m., to Texas State University Higher Education Center, 1555 University Blvd, Round Rock, 78665. Volunteers will be available to assist you. You may pull up in front of the Avery Building (circle drive) to unload artwork.
Please note that initial acceptance of submission does not guarantee acceptance in the exhibition. The artwork may be declined at the council’s discretion.
For additional information, please send inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-461-8433.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
1/31/17 by 8 pm Deadline for submissions. No late entries will be considered
2/7/17 Accepted artwork will be announced via email
2/18/17 (9am-1 pm) Accepted artwork will be received at Texas State University, 1555 University Blvd., Round Rock, Texas
Late arrivals of artwork will not be accepted
3/4/17 (7pm-9:30pm) Opening Artist Reception at Texas State University
5/6/17 (9 am – 1 pm) Artists to pick up art at Texas State University