Call For Exhibits in 2018: AARC Community Art Exhibit Program
Category : Blog
The Asian American Resource Center (AARC) is offering an excellent opportunity for local artists to display artwork that celebrates the diversity and dynamism of Asian and Asian American culture. The AARC seeks to present visual art that addresses topics in Asian and Asian American culture, heritage and history through a quarterly rotating exhibits program. While this is an Austin-based program, they are opened to submissions from national and international.
The application deadline for 2018 exhibits is March 31st, 2017.
The AARC invites individual artists working in various media as well as curators, galleries, and organizations to submit a call for exhibits application along with supporting materials to include:
- Artwork images: If this is a solo exhibition, the artist must submit 10-20 jpeg images (no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels at 300 dpi) of artwork. If this is a group exhibition, the curator, gallery, or organization must submit 5-10 jpeg images of artwork by EACH participating artist. All works of art must be completed in the past 5 years.
- Image list: Include the following information for each uploaded image: title of work, medium, dimensions (height x width x depth), and date completed.
- Exhibition statement: Briefly describe the medium, artistic process and inspiration of the art. Explain the message you would like to convey through this exhibit.
Type of work
2D– painting, drawing, prints, photography, fiber, multimedia
3D– sculptures, ceramics, jewelry, glasswork
Please note that daily video installations are not available at this time. Video installations may be available during opening receptions upon request.
Artwork may not exceed 50 lbs and 20” in depth if exhibited in glass display case.
An independent panel comprised of community members will review all submissions and select exhibitions. The panel will be provided only the artwork examples and exhibition statement submitted for review. No background on the artist, including name, experience, age, national origin, gender or other information will be provided. Artwork will be judged solely on its merit.
Selection criteria are broad and may include:
- Originality: All artwork is original in concept and /or presentation.
- Artistic Impression: Strength of the artwork is shown based on technique, concept of work, execution, and application of artistic abilities.
- Appropriateness: The exhibition is suitable for a multi-use space and relevant to the AARC mission statement.
Final exhibit selections will be approved by the panel in conjunction with AARC staff.
For more details, click HERE.